Thinner, stronger fishing line
Located in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan, Sunline is a fishing line manufacturer established in 1977. We produce all types of fishing line for every type of target and method from freshwater to saltwater. Materials include nylon, fluorocarbon, ultra high molecular weight polyethylene, polyester (polyethylene terephthalate), and metal. We maintain top share in the Japanese fishing line market and exporting our lines to more than 40 countries worldwide.
The fundamental concept at Sunline has always been to develop a thinner, stronger fishing line. The company is constantly challenging itself to give full play to its original technology in the creation of new products.
- Head Office and Factory located in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan
- Manufacturing, processing and sales of fishing line for recreational, professional and commercial uses
- Materials processed by Sunline include: nylon, carbon, polyester, polyethylene, metal and composites
- 24 hours a day, 363 days per year production of more than 550 tons of fishing line per year
- Sunline is the largest line only manufacturing company in the world
- 187 employees
- Sunline America was founded in July, 2009
Research and Development
Sunline has a large staff and area devoted to research, development and testing. They invest considerable resources in this department to not only develop new products, but to test production runs each day to insure consistency and quality of current products.
Commitment to Quality
Production runs are continuously checked for quality and continuity. Numerous microscopes are used to analyze multiple features of the line. Sunline’s Research and Development department evaluates new and existing products every day. Product tests are conducted to measure flexibility, tensile strength, abrasion, resistance, UV resistance, endurance, slickness, knot strength, stretch and diameter consistency.